This project is read-only.

Assemblies not successfully deployed to device.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I just downloaded build 228a8c50748e and ran into a couple issues trying to get it to work. Figured I would ask the makers for help. :)

I'm trying to use the sample AdaFruitST7735Test for my ST7735 I just got. I'm using a Netduino Plus. At first I could not compile the test app because their were several refrences to AdaFruitST7735.Height and AdaFruitST7735.Width in Program.cs that the compiler complained about because these are not static class/properties. So I changed all them to be tft.Height and tft.Width (tft is a global instance of the AdaFruitST7735 class in the test app). So before continuing below, was this the correct fix?

This allowed app to compile, but it fails to load onto the Netduino. The error list simply shows "An error has occurred.  Please check your hardware". The output window shows...

Incrementally deploying assemblies to device
Deploying assemblies for a total size of 103676 bytes
Assemblies not successfully deployed to device.
Deployment to the device was not successful.

I can load other programs I wrote in other projects ok so I know my comp/VS/Netduino are working ok. Is 103676 bytes too large for the Netduino Plus? This is the largest app I've tried to use and seems to be one of the main variables compared to my other apps.

Thanks for any help!

 

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Hi there,

About the static variables: I'm not sure what issue you have discovered. I'll have to try to reproduce it. What version of the Netduino firmware are you using?

About the failure to load: the library needs to be "trimmed" to the bare minimum that you need, especially on a Netduino Plus. Remove the classes that you don't need for your project and recompile it.

A word of advice: you will run into memory issues with that screen on the Netduino Plus. Look at the Klout Klock project to see how to deal with it. You will need to run it with a version of the library going back to August/September last year.

Cheers,

-Fabien.

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Thanks for the response Fabien! I'll try what you suggested and let know.

I'll check on the firmware and let you know that as well, until then... I do know that I purchased it about mid decemeber 2011 and downloaded and installed all latest files at that time.

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I'm still junior in .NET, so forgive me if I'm in error.... :)

These are the properties the test app was refrenceing, they are not static.

namespace netduino.helpers.Hardware {
    /// <summary>
    /// netduino ST7735 driver (based on AdaFruit's library http://github.com/adafruit/ST7735-Library)
    /// </summary>
    public class AdaFruitST7735 : IDisposable {

        public byte Width { get; set; }
        public byte Height { get; set; }

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hi,

I just took a look at this issue this morning and fixed it. It turns out that the sample itself was broken. The driver in the library is OK. I must have inadvertently introduced this issue when refactoring some of the code and broke that sample in the process. Sorry about the confusion this caused you.

To ensure that this won't happen again, I created a project called "Samples' referencing all the other projects so that it's easy to build everything in one shot and identify such issues before checking things in...

Cheers,

-Fabien.