Max72197221Test help

Dec 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I am trying to load this program on my Netduino and I am having trouble.

How do I load just that program without having to load all the other stuff along with it?

I am using Visual Studio 2012 Pro and a Netduino v1 on firmware 4.2

I have tried and tried to load the test project just just keep getting error after error about missing PWM or analoginput is fighting between secretlabs.hardware.analoginputs and microsoft.net.hardware.analoginputs and it cant find a reference to something else.

I am just trying to write (or more to the point learn to write) a simple program that will let me control a Max7219 and an 8x8 LED matrix via the SPI.
Dec 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Edited Dec 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I finally got it to work. Been having fun playing with the code, but have a question now. How do I control 2 or more 7219's? I have 2 side by side and I want the displays to be different. How do I do this?
May 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Hi vader7071, can you please tell me how you solved your problem? because I am having the same issue.
May 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Wow, that was a while back. let em dig into my old codes and see what I did.
May 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM
I would really appreciate it cus I am kinda gone crazy trying to fix this. Thanks
May 19, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Ok, sorry it took so long. After I got it working I kinda reworked the code, so I had to go back and remember what I did.

If I am remembering correctly, there are (3) files that have to be added. You will have to add "ExtendedSpiConfiguration.cs" to your project as well as another file. I cannot remember what it is right now to save my life (I think it is max72197221.cs). That is what was killing me. You have to include all those files along with the project for them to load to run the program.cs file correctly.

Without those 2 files loaded into the project, program.cs has no idea what to do with the chip. Those files are what tells the chip how to work.

One I got the chip working, changing the pattern was fairly easy. However, I still have not been able to successfully control 2 separate chips. Any help from the board would be greatly appreciated.
May 19, 2015 at 3:33 PM
No problem at all. In fact I just figured it out. I share my experience here hoping that it helps someone. I actually needed to do 2 things:

1) Delete SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware and add it again which is under netduinohelpers_e0ddb8758a93\Samples\Coding4Fun\WhatIsAShield\NetduinoPlusTouchDisplay\NetduinoPlusTouchDisplay\bin\Debug

2) Replace AnalogInput with SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput in the whole netduinohelpers project

Many thanks to you vader7071 for your time and consideration :)